[geeks] "£$%%^" Recruiters

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Tue Jan 28 15:09:04 CST 2003

Why is it that recruiters want you to say INDIVIDUALLY that you

1. Installed and managed operating systems
2. Installed and managed hardware
3. Installed and managed applications
4. Created and managed users
5. Managed upgrade processes
6. Preformed basic scripting tasks
7. Ran backups
8. Montiored running systems
9. Tested and evaluated hardware and software
10. Preformed performance testing and benchmarking

When you ALREADY have listed that you were a systems administrator?

Isn't that at a minimum what an Admin does?

This one woman has had me re-write my resume like six times at this
point and she wants me to list each of those things (and more) as bullet
points for every job I've ever done.

She thinks it's impressive. Personally I think it makes me look like an
idiot, something I'm quite capable of doing in other ways by myselfthank
you very much.

I mean they might as well have listed as several bullet points

1. Turned on systems
2. Used keyboard
3. Used mouse

I just gotta keep saying to myself "Need a job, need a job, need a job"
or I'm gonna reach down over the telephone lines and rip one of their
puny little marketroid spines out.

Chris Byrne