[geeks] Sendmail question

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun Jan 26 16:24:31 CST 2003

On Sun, 26 Jan 2003, Joacim Melin wrote:

> Well, one good reason is that Irix doesn't run on a Sparcstation 5. :-)

True enough.  Octanes are awfully cheap, though.

> I also really dislike Solaris and have been running Linux for years and
> feel quite home in it, even though it has it's flaws.

To each, their own.  I wasn't a hardcore Solaris fan until SunOS 5.7, and
5.9 is just Great.

> I will probably try to compile postfix at a later date for this box but
> since it's a Turbosparc CPU I reckon it will be plenty of trouble
> getting anything to work on it. But that's part of the fun I guess.

TurboSPARC?  Lucky you!

I'm running squid, postfix, bind 9, and sshd on a SPARCclassic running
OpenBSD (possibly switching back to NetBSD for PCMCIA support).  If that
SPARCstation 5 has problems with just postfix under Linux, you must be
using the wrong OS. :)

--
Jonathan Patschke  *)  "everything i know about animals i learned from
Thorndale, TX      (*   ORA books."                  --alex j avriette