[geeks] Octane Quake2

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sat Jan 25 09:27:27 CST 2003

Frank Van Damme <frank.vandamme at student.kuleuven.ac.be> wrote:

> On Saturday 25 January 2003 14:40, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> > Oh, absolutely!  There's a *lot* of stuff available for Irix these
> > days, way more than there was even a year ago.
>
> Like Quake3? :-)

I did read some poop that someone was working on a port for Irix.  I
think his name was Richard Hess, and work[s|ed] at SGI.

/me looks around in inbox

Yup, the above is correct.  A google search should turn up a
q3a-irix.zip file.  I have not tested it, as I don't have Q3A data
files.  However, it does start up, then fail when it can't find data
files.  I don't know how well it works, but the README says that you
should only run it on systems with texture memory, unless you truly like
pain.

--
Kurt                "I remember that I've got a solid base of worms and
kurt at k-huhn.com      ant eggs.  I puke like a hero all night long."