[geeks] Re: Octane Review

Frank Van Damme frank.vandamme at student.kuleuven.ac.be
Fri Jan 24 07:33:26 CST 2003

On Friday 24 January 2003 14:06, Gavin Hubbard wrote:
> Nice article. I like the "Handling similar apps, SGI system outduels
> average PC in speed, flexibility" headline. However at $48,175 you'd
> would hope so :-)

Yeah... hehe. Well, I found the article didn't have too much depth actually.
It would've been nie if they included a good deal of benchmarks on disk
performance and openGL and so on :)

There must be some way to compare systems in a fair way, not?

> I'm not sure if I should praise or decry the forces that have reduced a
> $48,175 machine to around $700 in just over four years.

I'd praise them ;-)

--
Frank Van Damme
http://www.openstandaarden.be