[geeks] SGI 1600SW

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Wed Jan 22 04:07:16 CST 2003

On 2003.01.22 00:28 Dave McGuire wrote:

> > I am thinking about a buying 1600SW since I may be able to get a
> > R10k O2 for free... and if I am in real luck there may be a R10k
> > 175 MHz Octane SI also.
>    Mmmm, tasty!
Well, I will belive that the promises I got from him are true, when the
machine is in my hands. He also promised a Indigo2 R10k Extreme that I
am still waiting for. But as I already got a R4k Indigo2 for me and R8k
Indigo2 + R5k Indy for the Unix-AG, I am in good hope. Will need some
time. (And if I am in real, real, big luck, there will be a "big
multi-CPU SGI machine". But this is still very vage.)
The donside of this: The organisation he is working for throws out all
SGIs and replaces them with Win/Linux PeeCees. :-(
--

tsch|_,
         Jochen