[geeks] dist fold question

James james at jdfogg.com
Tue Jan 21 15:28:09 CST 2003

At 03:12 PM 1/21/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 03:40:06PM -0500, James wrote:
> > I found answers for #1 and #2. Is 1.2 structures/second unrealistic for a
> > machine similar to mine? Anybody running a similar configuration?
>
>I'm doing 1.5-2 struct/sec (per CPU) on the G4.
>
>bill

This is cool, I wish I had some heavy hitting iron to devote to this. I
like making computers work for a living.

I have two instances running now on my dual PIII-500. The CPU's actually
got warmer after I started this. I think I'll get my U1 and U5 started at
home. Maybe I can hijack some machines at $ork :-) Actually, I guess I did
hijack one since the one I'm using is a work-owned workstation. It would be
cool to turn the 6 4500's onto this task, esp. since we idle 3 CPU's per
box (fscking stupid Oracle licensing BS).