[rescue] Re: [geeks] Cleaning out advice needed...

Rick Hamell hamellr at heorot.1nova.com
Tue Jan 21 00:53:55 CST 2003

> I didn't think schools took things that old.  The ones around here seem
> to only want the "best and shiniest"

	Maybe it depends on the school. :) My local one has a program
called STRUT. They take the old machines, fix 'em up, then they either put
them into labs, or they give them out to kids as home machines. In the
case of Non-PC and Mac hardware, (like Sun stuff,) they end up selling it
for cash. My company gives them a pallet or two of stuff at least once a
month. Including 40+ Sun Disk arrays... which pissed me off because they
wouldn't let me take even one of them. Since we're a government contractor
there is apparently 5 hours of paperwork needed for each piece of
equipment they get rid of.

	Rick