[geeks] Jesus this guy could be me

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Jan 20 17:29:14 CST 2003

On Monday, January 20, 2003, at 06:12 PM, Frank Van Damme wrote:
> All the sayings about pc's be crap might hold ground, and after all
> pc's are
> pretty boring yes - but otoh I have yet to see one test case comparing
> 100
> pc's to 100 low-end suns and see hoow many are broken after 5 years :-)

   Hmm.  Well, while I haven't done a side-by-side comparison, there's a
SPARCstation-20 (MUCH older than 5 years!) in my computer room running
about fifteen virtual-hosted web sites.

   They don't break.

   But then, I suppose an SS20 wasn't considered low end when they were
new.

        -Dave

--
Dave McGuire           "Wear whatever you want...Just don't be surprised
St. Petersburg, FL        if you wind up with a blow-gun dart in your