[geeks] Re: hub needed

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sun Jan 19 23:00:08 CST 2003

Mike Hebel <nimitz at speakeasy.net> wrote:

> Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > I'm a cheap bastard, I still own a 30+ (closer to 35 I think) Zodiac
> > kinetic that's gone through more bands than I can remember, and one
> > spring.  Given to me by my dad, as issued to him by the Navy...
>
> That's not cheap that's using a good piece of hardware to it's
> fullest. Especially since the only kinetic I know of that is any good
> is a Rolex which tend to be $1000 minimum the last time I saw -
> probably more now. But then I'm not a watch expert.

Well, you have a point.  I keep meaning to look into getting it restored
- the luminous paint doesn't hold it's 'charge' very long, and some of
the paint on the bezel has been scratched - I like to tell a story of a
secret mission "somewhere in Southeast Asia" in which it took the minor
damage.  The story's bullshit, of course, but folks like to hear it - so
who am I to deprive them of entertainment :)

--
Kurt                "I remember that I've got a solid base of worms and
kurt at k-huhn.com      ant eggs.  I puke like a hero all night long."