[geeks] hub needed

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Jan 19 19:52:51 CST 2003

On Sunday, January 19, 2003, at 08:47 PM, Brian wrote:
> 1.  I can't imagine anyone buying a hub when unmanaged switches are so
> inexpensive unless

   I didn't mean to offend you.  I've blown my spending money for this
month (heck, for most of 2003) and I'm sick of running separate Cat5
cables through the ceiling into the computer room to plug into the
Catalyst 5000.

> 2. You want to easily be able to use a sniffer, in which case stop
> being
> such a CB and go spend the 5-10 dollars at most.

   *sigh*

   No, I just want to plug three machines into a hub in one side of my
office.

   That said, a switch would be fine, though it's overkill for this
application.  I already have what amounts to the mother of all switches
in the computer room (the aforementioned Catalyst 5000, brag brag) and
I simply don't need to separate the collision domains in this room.

      -Dave

--
Dave McGuire           "She's a cheek pincher.  I have scars."
St. Petersburg, FL                          -Gary Nichols