[geeks] Death of a Crimson... AGGH... not from eth cables

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Sun Jan 19 12:09:19 CST 2003

I was getting ready to power up my Crimson today... need some house
heat and wanted to try out the new AUI cable substitutes.... after
sacrificing the 7006 to the gods as a test unit and verifying that the
cables work OK and the concentrator works ok, I hooked up the crimson
cable and powered the unit on... Nothing... no response...zip.  Last
time I powered the unit on was a month or two ago... ran fine... shut
it down... hasn't been powered on since.  Is there something I'm
missing... I've tried both reset switches... the back switch and the
front switch... the socket is live...

I'm trying to avoid moving all the boards to the Power Series Box
instead, but I may have to.

Any thoughts?

Andrew