[geeks] Ok, who else digs goth chicks here

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Sat Jan 18 12:09:45 CST 2003

On Sat, 2003-01-18 at 02:13, Chris Byrne wrote:
> I think A Change of Seasons is one of the greatest albums ever made, and
> a 23 minute single that actually makes you want it to continue is a hell
> of an achievment.

I haven't heard the whole album, just the single.

> Falling Into Infinity is if anything, better, and Scenes from a Memory
> is just as good. I havent heard Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence as an
> album yet, but some of the tracks are outstanding.

I prefer scenes over six degrees.  There are some excellent tracks on
six degrees, but overall, i prefer scenes.

> John Petrucci is incredible and Mike Portnoy and Jordan Rudess are
> simply the best metal Drummer and Keyboardist I've ever heard. The only
> thing I take exception to are their vocals. I don't care for James
> LaBries voice, and their instrumental stuff is much better anyway.

I agree completely.  At first, i didn't like dream theatre because of
the vocals, and even told my friend (a big DT fan) that they would
benevfit from finding a new vocalist.  But LaBrie has grown on me some
(perhaps a bit like athlete's foot), I think it's mostly that the music
behind him is so good that i could put up with the vocals.

> Basically Dream Theater combines two of my favorite musical Genre's,
> Jazz and Metal, better than most anyone else who's tried it.

They just kick ass.  That's all that matters.

	-Dan Sikorski