[geeks] Ok, who else digs goth chicks here

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Fri Jan 17 23:38:32 CST 2003

> if you don't
> know who Nina is, you don't know punk.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Caleb

It's sad just how FEW people do know ANY punk never mind real, good
punk.

Sample conversation from a few weeks ago (Him is a 42 year old man who
really SHOULD know who I'm talking about)

Me:"Jeez, she looks just like Wendy O'Williams"
Him:"Who????"
Me:"You know, the plasmatics"
Him:"Who???"
Me:"Punk band, lead singer, she killed herself"
Him:"Which one?"
Me:"She was a prostitute and did some porn"
Him:"Oh yeah, her"

Kinda sad that it took the porn hint before he remembered.

My 13 year old stepbrother is sitting across the room for from me. I
asked him if he liked punk. He said "sure, I like ...like Green Day and
Blink 182 and stuff".

One of my favorite t-shirts says "Punk isnt dead, it just sucks now"

Chris Byrne