[geeks] Folding Proj Comaprison

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Jan 17 16:55:07 CST 2003

On Friday, January 17, 2003, at 05:50 PM, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> And there is a good explaination for x86 performance optimizations
> only.  They do it because they know that people run this as a way to
> compare how their processor is better than a super computer, so the
> better it runs the more people will run it.  However, they don't
> actually want it to run fast, and they hate non PCs anyway.  So, this
> way they further two agendas.  The agenda of kicking non x86 users in
> the nuts for trying to insist on sane computer systems, and the agenda
> of slowing down everything so that they won't run out of data, lose
> their funding and give up their fat suit paychecks and perks.

   ...which is exactly why I said that project is a joke and not worth
my time, and I refuse to take part in it.

   I did RC5-56, because there was a point to it.  There was very little
point to RC5-64, and there's no point at all to RC5-72...unless of
course they're trying to prove to the US Gov't that a 72-bit cipher is
"secure enough".

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire           "She's a cheek pincher.  I have scars."
St. Petersburg, FL                          -Gary Nichols