[geeks] Cardbus -> PCI

vance at neurotica.com vance at neurotica.com
Wed Jan 15 19:20:29 CST 2003

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, Chris Byrne wrote:

> Well the first question is, exactly what are you trying to do?
>
> Do you want whatevers attached to the cardbus card to act as a device on
> the PCI bus, or do you want to add a PCI device to your cardbus?
>
> Because I don't know if either of those things are available.

I am trying to run a single PCI card in a system with cardbus slots.  I
know for a fact that there are devices to use a single cardbus card in a
PCI slot.  It's commonly used for using cardbus network cards in a desktop
computer with a PCI slot.

I am looking to do the reverse.  I want to attach a PCI card to a laptop.

Peace...  Sridhar