[geeks] Re: HP's squandering

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Jan 13 14:02:32 CST 2003

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 02:53:58PM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   Like I said...nobody is buying these things.  A few research clusters
> at supercomputer centers does not a market share make.

I'm mainly just arguing the (admittedly rather pedantic) point that
minute market share implies that nobody is buying them is incorrect.
After all, if 10 universities and government research centers bought
them (which I'm fairly sure is a number much smaller than real life),
that means that 10 people bought these things, and their bosses
approved it, etc.  And 10 people and their bosses are obviously not zero
people.

;)

--
Joshua D. Boyd