[geeks] Pizza anyone?

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Mon Jan 13 12:58:54 CST 2003

On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 05:59:33AM -0700, Chris Byrne wrote:

> The only good thing about nescafe is the commercials.
>
> Anyone remember those commercials they had in the states a few years sgo
> with the attractive classy english lady and her "rugged american"
> neighbor?

Similar ads played here.  Except that the rugged neighbour was replaced
with Anthony Stewart Head.

> They were a fairly long running series, and developed a hell of a
> following. Almost a soap opera thing.

Yeah, it was really silly, they even took out ads in the papers to tell
people a new ad was going to air.  I think that's one of the reasons I
stopped buying a daily paper.

> Thats one thing I definitely appreciate being back in the states. Good
> to very good coffee available just about everywhere. Even if its only
> starbucks its still better than any cup of coffee you can get in
> Ireland.

You can keep your Starbucks if you don't mind.  Apart from the chocolate
cheesecake, which is really rather good.

I was once doing some work in the Italian embassy here in London.  Whilst
I was beating some sense into their router, their IT guy asked if I
wanted a coffee.  Of course I did.  So he came back a few minutes later,
with one of the most bloody awful coffees I've ever had.  Even worse than
Starbucks.  The look on his face when I started ranting about the barrista
is a memory that I will treasure for ever :-)

And I learnt a few choice Italian curses when he tasted the swill that he
had in his cup too.

--
David Cantrell    |    Degenerate    |    http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

    It's my experience that neither users nor customers can articulate
    what it is they want, nor can they evaluate it when they see it
        -- Alan Cooper