[geeks] Pizza anyone?

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Sun Jan 12 23:12:02 CST 2003

On Sun, 2003-01-12 at 00:25, Chris Byrne wrote:
> Question: What is the best pizza you can still get (brand, style,
> toppings)

Well, it's most likely because when i grew up, my Dad worked there, and
brought home pizza all the time, but Papa's Pizza in Oak Forest, IL is
about the best Pizza i like.

There was a place around Purdue University my Freshman and Sophomore
year that made the BEST stuffed pizza and stuffed breadsticks.  The
owners retired, closed the store and left the area.  I can't remember
the name of the place right now.

Also, My Pi on North Clark in Chicago, best damn "chicago style"
(crust/cheese/sauce instead of crust/sauce/cheese) pizza i've ever had.

> Subquestion: The best from a national chain

I suppose i'd say Papa John's, but that's like being the fastest
tortoise.

> Subquestion: the best from a major regional chain

Gino's East in the Chicago area.  Also Aurilio's (had some last night,
probably the best you can do in Indiana.)

And pizza is always best with beer.  Soda is too sweet to eat with good
food, it covers up the taste. (but soda is a good match for papa john's
or pizza hut).

	-Dan Sikorski