[geeks] Pizza anyone?

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Sun Jan 12 22:37:38 CST 2003

On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 05:56:30AM -0500, Michael Schiller wrote:
> On Sunday, January 12, 2003, at 12:25 AM, Chris Byrne wrote:
>
> >Ok so I was just sitting here chowing down on my Double Pepperoni,
> >Sausage and Xtra cheese (with suplementary parmagiano of course and I
> >thought, why not start a flame war ;-)
>
> I havn't seen a 'local' pizzaria in like 20 years or so. When I lived
> in NY I used to have friends that owned a local pizzaria, and I could
> tell all sorts of stories about it, but I'm not sure if the statue of
> limitations has been reached, so I'll be quiet.

What the heck hell hole do you live in then?  What exactly counts as
"local"?  If they only have three stores and they are all in the same
county are they local?  If so, off the top of my head, I can think of 6
pizarrias that are either a single store with no affiliations, or a
small local chain, that I patronize.  And a few more that I don't
commonly patronize.  The small town on Millersville alone has 3
independents, and the even small town of willow street has another 3.

> >Question: What is the best pizza you can still get (brand, style,
> >toppings)
> >Subquestion: The best from a national chain
> >Subquestion: the best from a major regional chain
>
> I like Pappa John's and Pizza Hut ain't too bad if you only want
> something that looks like a pizza. There's another chain that I like,
> and I'm pretty sure it's not a regional thing, as they had them in FL
> as well as here in TN, thats Little Ceasers, they make a really good
> greasy pizza (I usually coat it with enough parm to soak up most of the
> grease, don't want to waste it on a paper plate!)

They used to have Little Ceasers here in southern PA, but not sure if
they still do.  I do like Pappa John.

--
Joshua D. Boyd