[geeks] Pizza anyone?

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Sun Jan 12 07:09:52 CST 2003

Little Cesars!

<shudders violently at the thought of actually EATING a little cesars
pizza>

Dear god man you nead a taste transplant now!

Little cesars is by far the worst pizza you can buy. Frozen pizza is far
better than this stuff.

Of course its also the cheapest by far. Two large pizzas for 10 bucks.

And I'm not being fair to little cesars really. Unlike most franchises
they actually offer their franchisees the option of higher quality
ingredients, and of local ingredient sourcing. But most of them don't
take that option as the costs are much higher. I know a few Litte Cesars
franchisees who managed to actually save money by using local sourcing,
and in the process became better than the local places.

With Tricon Global foods (the corporate parent of Pizza Hut, Taco Bell,
KFC, Long Jpohn Silvers, and A&W, who BTW just changed their name to
Yum! Brands (yes that's right, the largest single food service company
in the world is now called Yum!) if you deviate a Micron fomr their
standards or ingredients your franchise is pulled immediately. And since
they own the property and lease it to the franchisees that means your
business is gone.

Funny, the whole reason tricon got into the business was because they
were a commercial realestate company that purchased a chemical and food
additives company. Which kind of explains why pizza hut and taco bell
are ... Well Pizza Hut and Taco Bell ;-)

Chris Byrne