[geeks] Resume idea

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Jan 9 16:13:09 CST 2003

So, I had submitted my resume to Monster.com, and I noticed that they
had me list skills by rating my level in them, by the last time I'd used
it, and by years experience.

So, having finally finished rewriting my job descriptions, I'm working
if I should switch my resume from a plain list of skills to a table with
the above information, something like this:

SKILLS:
Skill          Last Used      Years of Experience     Competency
C++	       Currently use  9+		      Intermediate
Visual BASIC   2 years ago    6			      Intermediate
Intel Assembly 1 year ago     8			      Beginner

But, of course in a table formatted more nicely than this, and more
skills listed.

Or, perhaps instead of one table, have a table for languages, one for
toolkits, one for OSs, and so on.

Just a thought.

--
Joshua D. Boyd