[geeks] Multihead?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Jan 9 10:35:58 CST 2003

On Thursday, January 9, 2003, at 05:46 AM, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
>> http://www.tinmar.de/madboxing.jpg
>
> It's pretty sad that someone can have several orders of magnitude more
> computing power in one room of their house the we used to put a couple
> of men on the moon, and he doesn't use it for anything more productive
> than video games.

   Yes.  It took all the self-control I could muster to quell the rising
tide of vomit when I saw that picture.

> Normally, I don't care how people spend their money (because I'm
> libertarian), and I'm not a hard-ass on the "gamers", since I
> occasionally play computer games for idle distraction, but that image
> just makes me nauseous.  There's so much potential there (even if
> they are all PCs running RedmondOS XP) to get Real Work done, and all
> those happy electrons are bouncing around so that some wanker can
> show off his wall-to-wall fantasy land and his "L33t EQUI mods".

   Well I *am* a hard-ass on the "gamers".  Think back to high school
history class.  We read about all sorts of important names and all
sorts of important events.  Never once was there anything like "Mert
Buttcrack...he played games like nobody's business!".

   With our society in its present state of stagnation and the
population explosion of the past 50-100 years, well, if people can't
find useful things to do with their lives, they don't deserve to
breathe the fucking air here.

        -Dave

--
Dave McGuire           "She's a cheek pincher.  I have scars."
St. Petersburg, FL                          -Gary Nichols