[geeks] New Itanium machines from SGI

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Wed Jan 8 23:29:58 CST 2003

At 22:23 8/01/2003 -0700, you wrote:
> [...]

My bet is that in future architectures they'll eventually figure out how to
integrate the main memory on die i.e. large full-speed direct access memory
systems.

Ignoring the current issues of fabrication and cost - imagine what you
could do with a GB of memory on die. The processor speed would almost be
irrelevant.

Regards,

Gavin