[geeks] OT: Car question

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed Jan 8 18:33:52 CST 2003

"Tom Borton" <tborton at usa.net> wrote:

> Any suggestions about what might be happening?  I have a couple of
> ideas, but my car knowledge is next to zero.

First, check to ensure that the tempurature sensor is firmly connected,
and no breaks or shorts are in the wiring.  Then, ensure the temp sensor
is actually still good.  If both these are okay, your thermostat is
likely going south - these are cheap, less than $10 at NAPA for most
autos.  The thermostat *may* be getting stuck open, and if it fails, you
*really* want it stuck open when it does - if it gets stuck closed when
it fails, the magic smoke (and steam) will be let out rather
spectacularly.

--
Kurt                "I remember that I've got a solid base of worms and
kurt at k-huhn.com      ant eggs.  I puke like a hero all night long."