[geeks] Re: Help me convert a computer illiterate to an iMac!

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Tue Jan 7 05:50:28 CST 2003

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 09:53:37PM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
> For the kind of service/support you get with Applecare, I think its worth it -
> for someone that may pay $2K for a new machine, knowing that it *will* be
> in good working condition for the next 3 years is worth $250-350.

Applecare is doubleplusgood.  Next day on-site repair when this 'ere
ibook got a no-worky ESC key (keyboard assembly had come loose, ESC
was partially jammed under the surrounding case).  The technician was
even clueful enough to ask if I was a vi user seeing that it bothered
me so much :-)

> I know of a couple people who had repeated problems with G4 Cubes, and
> finally Apple said "will you take an 800Mhz Tower in exchange for your
> 450Mhz Cube?"  Of course, the people said yes, and ended up with faster/
> better machines.

Oh god that would be a hard question for me to answer.  What I like most
about my Cube is that it is tiny and silent.  It's more than fast enough
for me.

--
David Cantrell    |    Reprobate    |    http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

  There is no sigmonster