[geeks] Re: Help me convert a computer illiterate to an iMac!

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Jan 6 23:54:51 CST 2003

On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 04:50:54AM +0000, Yuri K wrote:
> Does that mean that Apple hardware became so much worse or simply that
> you are being prudent?  Or both? I owned a couple of new Wind Tunnels
> for a few months only, so I can not tell the difference aside from
> general cheesyness that's obviously creeping in.

Someone (Gavin, I think it was) had a problem with the 1-year warranty;
I was comparing that to a lot of equipment nowdays that only has a
90-day warranty.

http://www.dell.com/us/en/gen/misc/policy_010_policy.htm

Dell only gives you 90 days, for example, unless you pay more.  I think
that Apple, giving a one-year warranty "out of the box", then letting you
buy an "extended" warranty (AppleCare) before that original warranty runs
out, is a great thing.  I was able to buy AppleCare for my Cube, even though
I was not the original owner, 2 weeks before its original one-year warranty
ran out.

I'll be purchasing AppleCare for this Tower within the next 2-3 months.

Bill

--
bill bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net