[geeks] Re: Help me convert a computer illiterate to an iMac!

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Mon Jan 6 22:06:35 CST 2003

Why thank you Kurt, I'll take that as a compliment ;-)

I was in the shops a few weeks ago trying out cellphones (god US phones
suck compared to european phones) and this guy and I started bitching
about phones. Anyway I started scratching my bicep and he sees my tat
(it's a composite of my AF unit patches and mottoes, "we who dare, first
there, that others may live") and he kinda steps back and starts looking
impressed. It turns out he had been on duty with some other PJ's in the
gulf while he was in the Navy. His exact words were "shit man, the rest
of those Air Force pukes are pussies, but not even the SEALs would fuck
with a PJ. You might need one of those crazy motherfuckers to pull your
ass outta the shit one day".

I'll tell you that made my day. Its not often you hear the Navy
complimenting the Air Force.

> Kurt                "I remember that I've got a solid base of worms
and
> kurt at k-huhn.com      ant eggs.  I puke like a hero all night long."
                                                      -- Tony Bourdain

Im a big Tony Bourdain fan myself, but I thought Kitchen Confidential
was WAY better than cooks tour. Actually Ill have to see if I can find
that as an ebook. Have you read any of his fiction?

Chris Byrne