[geeks] Re: Help me convert a computer illiterate to an iMac!

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Jan 6 22:02:03 CST 2003

Joshua D Boyd <jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 10:09:03PM -0500, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > It's no small wonder that I went with a dual P3 board (Aopen DX34
> > Plus) for my new game machine.  Plus, it has a real HD subsystem -
> > dual channel U160 SCSI...
>
> How well do games really benefit from dual procs?

Can't hurt, I figure.  I read some poop that some games actually perform
worse, but I'm tempted to call "bullshit" on that.  Besides, the dual
procs will help other stuff besides the games, like the interface I
suppose.

And I can run two instances of distributedfolding.net's client on there
when it's idle.

--
Kurt                "I remember that I've got a solid base of worms and
kurt at k-huhn.com      ant eggs.  I puke like a hero all night long."