[geeks] sunday project

Michael A. Turner mturner at whro.org
Mon Feb 24 14:50:30 CST 2003

> I've always had a disdain for overclockers. Mostly because of
> the peecee
> culture, but also because it doesn't usually work well.
> Perhaps its worth a
> shot with this CPU.

	Pretty much the same here. I have never understood the idea of
buying a slower CPU to save $20 and then spending $200 on cooling to
overclock it back to the processor you decided not to buy. On the other
hand, if you have it laying around and it takes no special effort except
setting the jumpers then go for it. From what I understand this particualr
celeron was the one real exception to the overclocker rule. It was easy to
overclock and worked well at it stock. Pretty much what started the whole
overclock craze really.

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer WHRO
michael.turner at whro.org