[geeks] sunday project

Michael A. Turner mturner at whro.org
Mon Feb 24 11:12:21 CST 2003

> One thing you might want to try is seeing the the board
> supports 100MHz
> FSB. Most Celeron 300A's could run on a 100MHz FSB at 450MHz
> just fine.
> I have a pair at home that are 'stable' up to 504, but I have
> run them
> at 450 for the last 2.5 years with no problem (they ran at
> 32C, which is
> pretty amazing). It is a nice speed boost.
>
> shawn

	I second this. My daughters current machine is the same
configuration. Celeron 300A overclocked to the board max which came out to
be something like 420. Stable as all getout. Seem to me the thing everyone
realized about the 300A, and what made it so popular, is that while the
cache was insignificant you could overclock them so well that the increased
MHZ overcame this lack.

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer WHRO
michael.turner at whro.org