[geeks] Wooden cases/keyboards/mice

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 24 00:51:54 CST 2003

--- Koyote <koyote at koyote.cx> wrote:
> Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at yahoo.com> writes:

> > Better to make a nice desk and shove the beige box in to it, than
> > to "veneer" a mahogony skin on a beige box...
>

> granted that the inside is metal, but it hardly looks like veneer on
> a beige outercase. And the mice and keyboards are specifically not
> veneer.

Point taken on the mice/keyboards, but...

I have to wonder about your definition of veneer:

1. A thin surface layer, as of finely grained wood, glued to a base of
inferior material.
2. Any of the thin layers glued together to make plywood.
3. A decorative facing, as of brick.
4. A deceptive, superficial show; a fagade: a veneer of friendliness.

That seems to cover the wrapping of a metal case with wood, no matter
how thick the wrap is, or how high te quality of the wood. (the above
were taken from http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=veneer )

=====
Lionel

http://taxes.yahoo.com/