[geeks] power supply question...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 22 13:33:35 CST 2003

I was wondering, if I have a box with, say, a redundant power supply
"complex" of two 450 watt power supplies, and the system only draws,
say, 300 watts in operation - how much total power is drawn by the
system:

a) 300 watts across the two circuits

b) 450 watts across the two circuits

c) 600 watts across the two circuits

d) 900 watts across the two circuits

e) depends on the design...

I lean towards d) being the correct choice, but I suspect the answer is
never that simple, it is probably more likely e).

Thanks in advance!

=====
Lionel

http://taxes.yahoo.com/