[geeks] Need advice regarding SS20

Elo K obsd_kabal at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 12 22:44:37 CST 2003

Hi Geeks,

I am a new newbie, so don't kick me too hard please. I have picked my first SUN gear: two SS20. One has one CPU, another is holding 2 of them. I managed to install Solaris 8 on the dual, and would like to try something different on the mono. My unix experience is limited to a few years of Linux in production ISP environment only.  From what I could find on the net, the sun4m is supported by OpenBSD and NetBSD.  Which one one would I benefited most in terms of learning? I want to start more serious self study of C. I don't ask on the respective forums, it will do no good for all parties, and I don't care for the team claim like "million years without corrosion in vacuum", etc.  I was told that your list is full of professionals with considerable experience in nearly every env out there.

Thanx, Elo.