[geeks] Fwd: Why I HATE buying New computers

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Feb 12 13:21:41 CST 2003

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 02:01:52PM -0500, Michael Schiller wrote:
> Well, I bought the ilife package, as I do have a DVD burner. While I
> understand that computers get faster/cheaper as time goes on, I'm
> sorry, somebody that buys it a month before they upgrade them should at
> least be able to get the updated software for free, or something.

Problem with that is, whats to stop someone from saying "two months",
"three months before", etc?  I think apple does a "two weeks".

Plus, they *cant* give iDVD 3 away for free as a download - part of
the money for the iLife package pays for the MPEG encoding engine
in iDVD, that apple pays someone else a license fee for.

When you buy a new Mac with iDVD included, that $10 (or maybe its $15
or $20 or $25, I dont know) is "bundled" into the purchase price of the
new Mac.

My dual-867 came with iDVD 2, even though I dont have a DVD burner.

Bill

--
bill bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net