[geeks] Java on Windows 2000

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Feb 11 11:01:31 CST 2003

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> A stock install of Windows 2000 doesn't have *any* JVM installed, that I'm
> aware of.  Installing the JRE on Windows is dead-fucking-simple.
> Double-click, click okay, I agree, etc, etc.  Easy peasy....

Hmm.  Guess I'll write it in C, then.  As much as it is dead-simple to
install, I don't want to have to support $luser if anything goes wrong.
I want it to Just Work.  This is really one of those guys that I want to
hand a standalone (no DLLs required) EXE file to, collect my $, and walk
away.

--
Jonathan Patschke  *)  "It's not about who's right and who's wrong...
Thorndale, TX      (*   it's about who works for the government and who