[geeks] Java on Windows 2000

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Feb 10 21:43:17 CST 2003

Does anyone know what the Java runtime capabilities are of a stock
install of Windows 2000, service pack 2?  A (not computer literate)
friend of mine wants a small program written, and I'd rather write it in
Java than reinstall Virtual PC + Windows + Visual Studio on my laptop.
However, if a vanilla install of Windows won't run Swing apps (or at
least AWT apps), it won't be worth walking him through installing the
JRE.

--
Jonathan Patschke  *)  "It's not about who's right and who's wrong...
Thorndale, TX      (*   it's about who works for the government and who