[geeks] [Fwd: Pixar's new render farm: Linux on Intel]

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Mon Feb 10 15:04:21 CST 2003

> > > Morgan Freeman, for example, lives on an island, but is
> > > actively involved in Rendezvous with Rama, a coming science-fiction
> > > film, said Gibbs.
> >
> > I've been waiting for that one for a long time.
> >

> I think I'm rather excited by that - is it based on the Rama books by
> Clarke?

The first Rama book was by Clarke.  The following were obviously
by Gentry Lee with maybe a slight bit of input from Clarke.  I
thought the ending of the series was lame.  There never should
have been any sequels.  The original ended with a mystery, and
should have stayed a mystery.  Deux ex machina indeed!

I'd hate for someone to come along and write a sequel to _Marooned
in Realtime_ and explain away the Singularity with a deux ex
machina.`
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net