[geeks] Irix port forwarding

Caleb Shay caleb at webninja.com
Sat Feb 8 12:04:28 CST 2003

Anyone want to tell me if they know of a way to do this?

I've got an Irix box sitting on a remote network that has access to a
Windows smb file server on the private network there.  The Irix box is
visible on the private network and on the Internet, so I can reach it
from home.

I want to be able to reach the smb file server from a linux box at home
via the standard samba tools.  If the Irix box were a linux box I could
do this via a simple ipchains port forwarding, but it's not.

If I could do this via an ssh tunnel, all the better.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Caleb
--
Caleb Shay                                   "UNIX _IS_ user friendly.