Cabin Fever: was -> Re: [geeks] Avoiding Blowhard Syndrome redux..

Mike Hebel nimitz at speakeasy.net
Sun Feb 2 20:17:54 CST 2003

On Sunday, February 2, 2003, at 07:54 PM, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> Here's a thought, cabin fever? It is so fucking cold back east, that we
> are all going a bit stir crazy...

I'll second that.  Not having money to go other places or do other
things.  My time has been taken up by mundane tasks.  I think I may
start my old habit of driving to the park and writing while looking at
the scenery.

> Add to that recent events over TX, the long-term effects of the economy
> ("it's the economy, stupid" - yeah, thanks Bill), and I think the cause
> is clear. And because we typically feel that *anything goes* on Geeks,
> all this miserable dreck gets exposed, discussed, compared, and argued
> about.

Point.  Still, hopefully a solution can be found for most people because
I'm sure we're all a little rough around the edges right now.

> Here's a hint, the thread on unemployment was bad, not for what was
> said, but mainly for the sinking feeling I got as I kept seeing more
> and more "yeah, me too" posts. Misery loves company, and there is
> plenty of that to go around, but please think before posting...

Hmm...I usually discard about three posts before I send the final one.
It takes me that long usually to find a way to say what I want in a form
that I'm pretty sure will not offend anybody.  It takes some work
because I know people's nerves are a little raw.  Sometimes though I
step in it AND put my foot in my mouth.  What an awful taste that is...
*shudder*

;-)

Mike Hebel