[geeks] Ultra 2 (model 1300) and Ultra 60 (300MHz)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 2 20:10:21 CST 2003

--- "William S." <wstan at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> I am reading through the descriptions on the Ultra 60
> and the Ultra 2. It looks like they would be basically
> the same machine if they had the 300MHz processor.
> (I know there is the option with the 60 to have 2 processors.)
> If they are the same, would their value be the same too?

The U60 is PCI based, dual CPU-capable, and dual UPA framebuffer
capable, as well as having two SCSI channels.

The U2 is SBUS based, dual CPU-capable, and only supports one UPA
framebuffer and has only one SCSI channel.

Both are great, but if you have the scratch, get the U60...

Or, get one of those bitchin' E250s on Ebay from anysystem.com (good
vendor, BTW) - they are just like U60s, but have room for 6 drives
inside...

I got one, and will probably dump one of my U60s to subsidise the
purchase - I'll save $160 by picking it up in person!

=====
Lionel

http://mailplus.yahoo.com