[geeks] Avoiding Blowhard Syndrome redux..

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Feb 2 16:44:02 CST 2003

On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 04:37:54PM -0600, Amy wrote:
> I married a fairly unmanly guy, I guess

HEY NOW. 8-)

> 'cause he tells me what he's
> feeling or what he's thinking and doesn't think he'll be debased for it.

Side effect of being raised in a single-parent family (my parents divorced
when I was 9, and I grew up living with mom, hardly ever talking to or seeing
my father..)

In fact, I havent seen my father in ten years, and have talked to him on the
phone maybe twice in that time.  I get email from him, but its spam and
chain-mail.

> Maybe it's not accepted by most other men for men to be unmanly and to be
> emotional..but most women would lay themselves at your feet praising god
> or whoever if you did. Seriously. It makes things much much nicer. Your
> sex life will improve by the thousandth degree. Marriages would improve or
> be formed, etc. I cannot stress how much emotional feedback means to
> women. It's like we're plants and it's the CO2 or something.

I was told more than once (not by Amy) that I was "too nice".  WTF?
What is it with the women that expect guys to be assholes?

> There comes a point where the outlet isn't to be had here. There are other
> lists, livejournals, etc. that would be more suited to his life story or
> whatnot than geeks at .

I suggested LiveJournal in my mail; IMHO that would be a *perfect* outlet for
him.

Bill

--
bill bradford