[geeks] Shuffling the bits at the storage facility, came across a DEC 3000 300LX

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 2 10:03:46 CST 2003

--- Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, February 1, 2003, at 10:43 PM, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> > I appear to have two ethernet ports, on on board, and one in an
> option
> > slot ("#" and an AUI port)...
>
>    Neat, a TurboChannel ethernet interface.  Don't see too many of
> those around.

The power-up sequence shows two Lance interfaces (ln01 and ln02?) and
an ATM interface?

> > Luckilly, I have the keybaord, mouse, adapter "block" for them, and
> > monitor cable (3W to 3 BNC) - it boots, but don't have a password,
> > any thought on standard, backdoor IDs?
>
>    Well, what OS is it running?

Ugh, Ima Dork... Digital Unix, not sure of release, but to be sure,
quite old...

It had a white graphic on thelogin screen, with a small colorful icon
on the right side, and a console window open on the bottom of the
screen.

(I was more focused on the status of the 3x 21" monitors I pulled from
near a dumpster a month ago (and never tested), one worked, one was
futzed, and the third never lit up.

Pitched two, kept one (it will need some adjustments, since the bottom
of the screen wraps around) - now I am in a 10' x 10' cliamate
controlled storage space, with access to electricity! (Yay! That means
I can test and pack my stuff at the facility, not having to drag them
home to power test them before shipment)

=====
Lionel

http://mailplus.yahoo.com