[geeks] RealVNC

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Sun Feb 2 08:25:23 CST 2003

I've used all three (original AT&T, RealVNC and TightVNC), and in
general I perfer TightVNC. I run it on all the systems at home.

Three reasons

1. Slightly less bandwidth utilisation (a lot less in the "best
compression" mode)
2. Slightly less CPU utilisation
3. Slightly less memory utilization

I have noticed however the TightVNC is more likely to drop a session
then either original or RealVNC, and with best compression updates can
be very jerky.

Chris Byrne