[geeks] RE: Reevaluating Macintosh (was Dual Xeon vs Dual G4)

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Feb 2 01:42:21 CST 2003

On Sunday, February 2, 2003, at 02:18 AM, Brian wrote:
> OK, heres q3 '02 data showing a server market share of 1.2%
> http://www.macobserver.com/article/2002/10/28.7.shtml
> Heres a Feb 03 article quoting IDC research indicating 3.5% market
> share.
> It takes a little time to get this data accurately.

   Server market share...not their core market, but you seem to have
omitted the "273% increase over the past year" figure.  In SERVERS.
Where they're not putting forth any effort.

   The 2/2003 article you mentioned in your next email...From
BusinessWeek, the #1 Gates-stroking publication in this country...was
more interesting.  How do they account for the fact that everybody and
their brother is buying these machines (as witnessed by the NEAR
CONSTANT CROWDS in the Apple Store in Tampa and the traffic jams in the
front caused by people pulling up to load new machines into their
cars), and nobody is buying new PCs?  Moreover, where, exactly, do they
get these numbers?

>   Regarding the Apple
> stores, when I've gone in out of curiosity, I've either been ignored
> or been
> unable to try a laptop due to an unbelievably whiny 8 year old.

   There it is, definitive proof that Apple is about to go out of
business.  Wow, I guess I'd better trash my TiBook quick before it
blows up.

   Hmm, I think I might have gotten to the root of this argument:

   I don't have unlimited patience for bullshit or Windows-loving
doomsayers.  Seeya later, folks.

        -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                 "Rubber duckies *are* important."
St. Petersburg, FL                            -Doc Shipley