[geeks] Dual Xeon vs Dual G4

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Sat Feb 1 19:15:57 CST 2003

>    Wow, I suppose it's a good thing that you don't know what you're
> talking about.  Market share growth, people jumping ship from Windows
> left & right...these things don't indicate "losing".  At least not for
> my definition of the word.
>
>    I suggest that, next time they announce a new machine, you go to an
> Apple Store and see how long you have to wait in line to get in the
> door.

I'd love to buy a G4 to be my main system, and I'm someone
that once swore I'd never buy another Apple computer again.

I think that the hardware is well-designed, but what really
drives me towards the desire to buy a G4 is OS X.  I think
it looks well-designed, and the opinion of people I respect
also think OS X is a good operating system.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net