[geeks] Dual Xeon vs Dual G4

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Feb 1 18:59:22 CST 2003

On Saturday, February 1, 2003, at 07:54 PM, Yuri K wrote:
> DM>    I suggest that, next time they announce a new machine, you go
> to an
> DM> Apple Store and see how long you have to wait in line to get in the
> DM> door.
>         I'd suggest to look at the numbers. Techies are the best
>         collective contrarian indicator when it comes to various
>         classes of financial instruments. That's what I was talking
>         about.

   You were talking about "financial instruments"?  I was talking about
the people (the largely nontechnical people) who are running out and
buying Macs and chucking their Windows boxes.  I know of at least a
dozen who have done so in the past few months.  Totally nontechnical
people.

         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                 "Rubber duckies *are* important."
St. Petersburg, FL                            -Doc Shipley