[geeks] Crap! Not again...

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Feb 1 18:45:16 CST 2003

On Saturday, February 1, 2003, at 03:35 PM, Geoff Reed wrote:
>  The current shuttles are all > 20 years old and have seen a lot of
> usage, they need to build new ones, using updated technology....

   They tried.  They lost their funding.  Congress decided they needed
more bombs and fighter planes instead.

   Tell me again why this society is so great?  I seem to have forgotten.

>  And they have the oldest shuttle sitting doing nothing, and it is in
> like new condition last I heard... they should recommission the
> Enterprise, it never saw space and is probably in better condition
> structurally then the others

   Enterprise is nowhere near a "complete" spacecraft.  For one thing,
it has no engines.  It was never intended to fly in space.

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                 "Rubber duckies *are* important."
St. Petersburg, FL                            -Doc Shipley