[geeks] Dual Xeon vs Dual G4

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sat Feb 1 14:20:35 CST 2003

"William S." <wstan at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> I guess I am looking for a workstation that I can occassionally play
> a game on. Right now I am just trying to understand all the
> features the cpu's offer (hyperthreading, altivec, L2 cache size,
> etc) and how they compare from a performance point of view.

Depending on game, it might make more sense to get the Intel system -
but if you want a workstation, I suggest the Apple.

Truthfully, the same games as are avaiable for Windows are typically
available for OS X, though most not immediately.  So if an occasional
game is what you're after, but you still want a spiffy box that does
what you *tell* it to do, go for the Apple.

Each has their strong points and weak points, but the Apple's strong
points are for more numerous and carry more weight.

--
Kurt              "My name is James Connolly, I didn't come here to die,
kurt at k-huhn.com    but to fight for the rights of the working man..."