[geeks] cable modem or verizon DSL (in Rhode Island)?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 20 03:24:50 CST 2003

--- "Jonathan C. Patschke" <jp at celestrion.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, William Enestvedt wrote:

> If you can get Earthlink cable, they won't block any ports.  They,
> however, don't offer static IPs.  They do offer static IPs on their
> DSL.
> I highly recommend them.  As a bonus, when you get a high-speel
> account with Earthlink, they give you a free dial-up account to
> use while traveling, which has already saved me about $60 that
> I'd have paid to random ISPs in California when I go out there
> to visit friends.

Verizon gives away dial-up access as well - certain number of hours
now, my contract offers unlimited dialup.

Great if the DSL line ever goes down *or* (as indicated above) you are
on the road in a Verizon served area. You can also just make long
distance calls to your local Verizon number if you like from
anywhere...

=====
Lionel

"I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall