[geeks] mac modem question

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Sat Sep 28 10:06:43 CDT 2002

Aren't most PCI modems software driven?

Either which way the only internal modems that are mac compatible tend
to be the Apple supplied daughter card for each model.  In my G3/BW
it's a daughterboard strung onto the internal serial bus.  Your best
bet for older macs is an external that hooks to your serial port.  In
newer macs... USB.  In all the years I've done Mac service I've never
seen a PCI internal modem.  I don't think I've even seen a NuBus modem.
  It doesn't mean they don't exist however.

Andrew